Ways to Support CNH
City Neighbors Hamilton is structured as a family-school cooperative. Family participation is central to the success of our program. By participating fully in our family-school cooperative, you can take satisfaction in the knowledge that you are an integral part of the success of City Neighbors Hamilton.
Here are a few ways to volunteer:
- Beautification – Several times a year parents gather for workdays to weed, plant flowers, and mulch the playground and pathways. Contact: Suranjan Chakraborty
- Classroom Support – Teachers may request classroom help on anything from washing towels to coordinating in-class events. Contact: Maryhelen Pflug
- Teacher Appreciation – Luncheon, gifts, and decorations are the highlight of Teacher Appreciation Week in May. Contact: Maryhelen Pflug
- After-School Enrichment Clubs – Share your skills, talents, and enthusiasm with our students by running an after-school enrichment club. Previous clubs have included litter patrol, soccer, candy-making, chess, and French. We look forward to you sharing your unique talents with our students! Contact: Ashley Novak and Liz Hyleck
- Events – CNH has a variety of events throughout the school year: movie nights, spaghetti dinners, bake sales. Volunteers are needed for planning and working specific events. New ideas are always welcome! Contact: Liz Spann
- Fundraising – Every December, CNH runs Zeke’s coffee fundraiser, just in time for the holidays. Other ideas that the committee pursues are donation drives and various fundraisers. Contact: Liz Spann
- Communication – The Communications Committee supports school-wide communication and welcomes assistance and creativity for creating event posters and flyers, as well as discuss ways to enhance school-wide communication through technology and social media . Contact: Lynette Svoboda
- Culture of Care – Dr. Shyla hosts this parent’s panel to look at promoting a caring school culture. Contact: Dr. Shyla Rao
- School Library – Help students find books! The school library is completely staffed by parent volunteers. Contact: Lynette Svoboda.
- Scholastic Book Club/Fair – Parent volunteers coordinate the Scholastic Book Club sales for and run the Scholastic Book Fair. Contact: Dr. Shyla Rao
- Open House – Open house events are held during the winter months for prospective parents. Contact: Dr. Shyla Rao
- Suggestions – Questions or suggestions about the committees? Contact: Erika Coughlin
Fulfilling your volunteer commitment
Each CNH parent is asked to contribute 40 hours per school year AND to join at least one school committee (see below). We need you and your time, talent, and skills to make CNH vibrant and unique! It is your responsibility to fulfill, track, and submit your volunteer hours. The Accountability Chair will provide an update on your progress every trimester. Log your volunteer hours here.
Learn about the committees:
There are several ways you can make financial donations to City Neighbors Hamilton.
Box Tops for Education
Products that you already buy can help earn money for our school. Participating products include General Mills, Nestle, Huggies, Cottonelle, Hefty, Green Giant, Pillsbury, and many more! Just clip the box tops logo from the package and place them in our collection box located in the school lobby!
Shop at Target
Have a Target Card? Designate City Neighbors Hamilton CHTR Baltimore, MD 21214 ID # 151589 as your charity, and we will receive donations to the school based on a percentage of what you spend!
Shop online through Amazon Smile
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support City Neighbors Hamilton every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same prices, but Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to City Neighbors Hamilton. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you’ll need to select City Neighbors Hamilton as your charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
Buy CNH swag
T-shirts, accessories, and stickers are available for purchase from the Fundraising Chair at special events.
Make a tax-exempt donation
Your monetary donation goes to our educational programs, field trips, and materials for our many school projects. You can donate to CNH via Paypal.