It’s All About Perspective
This past weekend, City Neighbors staff had their first days off of school since the start of the school year. So far this year, every day that students didn’t have school, staff had progress report conferences or meetings. Some folks might complain that a four-day weekend was too short or went by too quickly… and some folks might say that four days without an alarm clock or schedule was glorious. It’s all about how you look at it.
We have 15 days of school between today and Winter Break. How might we use that time? How can we use those wonderful 15 days to dive into learning, engage with new ideas, and keep the momentum going until the end of the calendar year? Let’s all work together to make these 15 days as deeply engaged as possible — balancing the winter festivities with a focus on learning. I look forward to celebrating each day of learning with each and every one of you!
- Tuesday, December 3: Deadline to give consent for Flu Clinic (see below)
Mark Your Calendars:
- Tuesday, December 10: Panda Express Fundraiser for 8th Grade Service Trip (see below)
- Thursday, December 12: Deadline for Zeke’s Coffee orders (see below)
- Friday, December 13; Enrollment Open House for Prospective Families, 9 AM
- Thursday, December 19: Zeke’s Coffee orders distributed
- Friday, December 20: Report Cards Mailed
- Friday, December 20: 1 PM DISMISSAL, Beginning of Winter Break
- Monday, December 23 through Wednesday, January 1: SCHOOL CLOSED for Winter Break
- Thursday, January 2: School resumes
Flu Clinic Coming to CNH: UPDATE!
Since last week’s notification, we have received more information regarding the flu clinics coming to Baltimore City Public Schools. In addition to the list we shared below, we now know that the clinics will require a minimum participation of 25 people, and will take place either the week of December 9 or December 16. Currently, 21 people have submitted consent forms. If you are interested, it’s important you submit yours now! If we don’t reach the 25 minimum, a clinic will not be held here.
- You must consent to your child receiving a flu shot by going here: http://www.vaccineconsent.com/
- You do NOT have to opt out, as the shot is not mandatory; only students with digital parental consent will receive the shot.
- The consent asks for health insurance info but “the flu shot will be provided at no cost to you. “You will NOT be charged a copay or deductible.”
- Your child does not have to have health insurance in order to receive the shot.
- It is an injectable, which means a shot!
- If you do not have online access to give consent, pick up a paper consent form at the front desk.
- You can get more information here: https://tinyurl.com/HoCoFluVis
If you want to take advantage of the flu clinic for your child, please complete the online (or paper) consent form by December 3. We will let you know as soon as we know if we have enough interest and, if we reach 25, when they plan to schedule the clinic here.
Another Delicious Way to Support the 8th Grade Service Trip!
Our 8th grade class will be hosting a fundraiser on December 10 from 10:30 AM to 9:30 PM at Panda Express, located at 7699 Harford Road (about a five-minute drive from CNH). Please consider dropping by during your lunch break or for dinner. All proceeds will support the 8th grade project work in Puerto Rico. Make sure you show the flyer, linked below, or the photo below on your phone when you order. If you are ordering online, use the code 305988. Please invite and encourage your family, friends, and co-workers to come out to support our awesome 8th graders! Thank you!
Zeke’s Coffee Fundraiser!
Enrollment Season Open for 2020-21!
We are now accepting applications from new families for 2020-21 inclusion in the enrollment lottery through 3 PM on Wednesday, February 5. Please share this information with anyone who may be interested.
We request that CN staff and current families submit sibling applications by Monday, January 27, 2020 so we can determine how many available seats we will have open when we conduct our lottery. Applications are available in the office or on our website. You can submit them to the office directly or by scanning and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions about enrollment for 2020-21? Contact Stephanie at email@example.com.
Ways to Support City Neighbors Hamilton
Did you know that you can give to City Neighbors Hamilton through United Way? Well, you can! And your employer might even match your donation! If you and your employer give through United Way, please use code 43909.
Now that the holidays are upon us, you might be shopping through Amazon. If you do, City Neighbors Hamilton can benefit from your purchases if you connect by using smile.amazon.com and select City Neighbors Hamilton as your charity. You get the same great Amazon bargains and products–it just allows you to support CNH every time you shop there.
Check out the Educational Programs at Masonville Cove!
Holiday Happenings in Baltimore
Happening at the Hamilton Branch on 12/5!
Check out all of the great things happening in November and December at the Enoch Pratt Free Library!
Arts/PE Integration and Class Blog
Introducing the Arts/PE Integration and Class Photo Blog. We are excited to share photos of the great work happing in physical education, dance and visual art classes. Check out the photoblog on Mondays to see highlights from the previous week. https://tinyurl.com/arts-at-cnh
Wanna Meet with Dr. Shyla or Ms. Rashida?
You are invited to make an appointment to meet with either of us using our appointment calendars. Be sure to add the topic/agenda of our meeting in the Notes section, so that we are prepared for the meeting. We look forward to speaking with you.
Here is the link to Shyla’s Appointment Calendar.
Here is the link to Rashida’s Appointment Calendar.