Ways to Support CNH
City Neighbors Hamilton is structured as a family-school cooperative. Family participation is central to the success of our program. By participating fully in our family-school cooperative, you can take satisfaction in the knowledge that you are an integral part of the success of City Neighbors Hamilton.
Here are a few ways to volunteer:
- Beautification – Several times a year parents gather for workdays to weed, plant flowers, and mulch the playground and pathways. Contact: Jessica McGuire, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom Support – Teachers may request classroom help on anything from washing towels to coordinating in-class events. Contact: Ashley Eddington, email@example.com
- Teacher Appreciation – Luncheon, gifts, and decorations are the highlight of Teacher Appreciation Week in May. Contact: Ashley Eddington, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events – CNH has a variety of events throughout the school year: movie nights, spaghetti dinners, bake sales. Volunteers are needed for planning and working specific events. New ideas are always welcome! Contact: Erica Wright, email@example.com
- Fundraising – Every December, CNH runs Zeke’s coffee fundraiser, just in time for the holidays. Other ideas that the committee pursues are donation drives and various fundraisers. Contact: Shanika Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communication – The Communications Committee supports school-wide communication and welcomes assistance and creativity for creating event posters and flyers, as well as discuss ways to enhance school-wide communication through technology and social media . Contact: Mary Alice Yeskey, email@example.com
- Suggestions – Questions or suggestions about the committees? Contact: Christine Alamed, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fulfilling your volunteer commitment
Each CNH parent is asked to contribute 40 hours per school year AND to join at least one school committee (see below). We need you and your time, talent, and skills to make CNH vibrant and unique! It is your responsibility to fulfill, track, and submit your volunteer hours. The Family Participation Committee will provide an update on your progress every trimester, and you can request an up-to-date report using the form below.
Learn about the committees:
There are several ways you can make financial donations to City Neighbors Hamilton:
Shop online through Amazon Smile
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support City Neighbors Hamilton every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same prices, but Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to City Neighbors Hamilton. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you’ll need to select City Neighbors Hamilton as your charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
Buy CNH swag
T-shirts, accessories, and stickers are available for purchase via our online store at Tee Public, and in-person at school events (look for announcements on Swag Days in the Monday Mailer.
Make a tax-exempt donation
Your monetary donation goes to our educational programs, field trips, and materials for our many school projects. You can donate to CNH via Pay Pal.