- Thursday, February 27: City Neighbors Delegation to Annapolis, 9 AM – 12 PM (see below)
Mark Your Calendars:
- Thursday, March 5: Family Arts Night, 5:45 – 8 PM (see below)
- Friday,March 6: Student Art Show, Gallery Opening, Hamilton Gallery, 5:30 – 8:00 PM, (see below)
- Friday, March 13: SCHOOL CLOSED, Staff Professional Development
- Monday, March 16: Summer Camp Applications due
- Friday, March 27: Report Cards Mailed
- Monday, April 6 through Monday, April 13: SCHOOL CLOSED, Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 14: School Resumes
- Tuesday, April 28: SCHOOL CLOSED, Election Day
- Wednesday, April 29, Thursday, April 30, & Friday, May 1: 1 PM DISMISSAL EACH DAY, Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, May 7: Spring Jam 2020 (see below)
- Friday, May 8: SCHOOL CLOSED, Staff Professional Development
- Monday, May 25: SCHOOL CLOSED, Memorial Day
- Friday, June 5: 8th grade graduation, 7 PM
- Friday, June 12: Report Cards Mailed
- Monday, June 15, 1 PM DISMISSAL, Last Day of School (subject to change)
Turn Out and Turn It Up!
It’s Time To Act! – Make A Difference in Public Education
This year, we in Maryland have the opportunity to pass historic educational reform – the Blueprint for Maryland Schools (Kirwan Commission). This legislation will significantly increase resources for our schools and re-shape early childhood education, teacher preparation, and other important elements of our educational system.
Next Advocacy Opportunity: We need you on Thursday, February 27!. City Neighbors is sending a delegation to Annapolis with Strong Schools Maryland that day. That morning, we will visit legislators and advocate for the Blueprint legislation. Arrive by 9 in Annapolis, leave no later than noon. We are looking for 15-20 people! If you can make it, contact Mike at email@example.com.
Please join us in our efforts to show Maryland legislators that we need to fully fund education in Maryland. If you would like to join the Advocacy Team, email Gwendolyn Unoko, Director of Community Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CN Advocacy Team
Where is Mr. Albert?
Mr. Albert Vessells, who has been our reliable and friendly crossing guard for several years, has retired. Sadly, because we had no notice of his departure, we did not have an opportunity to thank him, wish him well, and say goodbye.
Today is his first day of retirement and we have been assured by the Crossing Guard office they are actively looking to replace him. In the meantime, please cross Sefton at the crosswalk and take extra care in the mornings and afternoons to cross safely.
Mark Your Calendars: Family Arts Night #2!
Family Arts Night, #2 will be held on Thursday, March 5 from 5:45 to 8 PM. Check the following link for the schedule of the evening. See you there!
Which CNH Students Created This Art?
Stay tuned to find out! The Square 1 Art fundraiser is coming to CNH in just a few weeks. This is an important fundraiser that not only highlights the incredibly creative and brilliant artwork our students create, but also helps raise much needed funds to make our great school even greater. Your student’s piece of original art can be made into just about anything: stickers, magnets, mouse pads, mugs, the catalog is chock full of ideas. This is a GREAT way to gift shop for Mother’s Day, or even holiday shopping for those real go-getters out there. Look for ordering catalogs going home with students soon! If you have questions about the Square 1 Art fundraiser, please email Mary Alice at email@example.com.
Mark Your Calendars NOW for Spring Jam 2020, May 7
What’s Happening at the Pratt?
Check out what’s happening at the Enoch Pratt Free Library in March and April: https://www.prattlibrary.org/uploadedfiles/www/about/pratt_publications/compass_marchapril2020_websize-compressed.pdf
Wanna Meet with Dr. Shyla or Ms. Rashida?
You are invited to make an appointment to meet with either of us using our appointment calendars. Be sure to add the topic/agenda of our meeting in the Notes section, so that we are prepared for the meeting. We look forward to speaking with you.
Here is the link to Shyla’s Appointment Calendar.
Here is the link to Rashida’s Appointment Calendar.